Soni Law Firm is a boutique litigation firm focused on Employment Law, Labour Law, and Personal Injury Law. The motivated, highly-educated group of lawyers at Soni Law Firm aim to bring justice and a positive difference to the lives of their clientele. Some of their successful cases are Bates vs. Magna International, Gemme v. Timmins and District Hospital, and Mohseni v. Wynn Group of Companies. Regularly featured in the news and recommended by their former clients, alike, Rahul Soni is a true visionary in the industry.
To help stellar students continue their academic education without the pressure of having to pay bills, Soni Law Firm runs an annual competition, offering $500 scholarship to the winner.
Canadian/US citizens or permanent residents with the required minimum GPA and enrolled in a Canadian or United States university or college for the Winter 2019 term.
HOW TO APPLY:
APPLICATION: Four components must be submitted for your entry: (A) Application form, (B) A small writing project, (C) Copy of transcript, (D) Proof of Canadian or US Residence
(A) Application Form: Fill out the Scholarship Application form on our scholarship page (Find Link Below). All fields must be filled out.
(B) Small Writing Project: On a website, blog or online forum, write an 800-1000 word article on the topic below:
MANY IMMIGRANTS ARE TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF BY EMPLOYERS WHO DO NOT RESPECT THEIR RIGHTS IN A WORKING ENVIRONMENT. WHAT ARE SOME OF THE REGULATIONS/ SCHEMES THE CANADIAN GOVERNMENT CAN INTRODUCE TO BETTER PROTECT THE RIGHTS OF IMMIGRANT EMPLOYEES?
- Your published piece of content must be received no later than August 31, 2019
- Applications should be emailed to email@example.com in word format, no link to Google Docs or PDFs
- Applicants should include their name, address and phone number
- Applicants should include a link to their Facebook profile so we may confirm their identity and school enrollment
- Applicants should state where they are currently attending or planning to attend school in the body of their submission email
- No additional information should be included
CRITERIA FOR EVALUATION
The best article will be innovative, express thoughts clearly and concisely, and be devoid of grammatical or spelling errors. The article must also include a link from the website or blog to the Soni Law website (https://sonilaw.ca/)
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: August 31, 2019
DATE OF DECISION: The winner will be announced and awarded on September 6, 2019
We look forward to reading your submissions.